IDS student research team earned 4th place at the Bring IT on contest in Iasi using the Smart Hotel project
The IDS junior team won third prize in the student contest IMSmart with the Smart Hotel project.
The IDC team won third place in July 2014 in the international Embedded Systems Design Contest (ESDC 2014 http://nuedc.sjtu.edu.cn/) in Shanghai, China. The final team was composed of the students: Cristian Totolin, Marius Neghina and Marian Marcu guided by T.A. Ph.D. Eng. Sorin Ilie, T.A. Eng. Ioan Lemeni, Prof. Ph.D. Eng. Costin Badica and Prof. Ph.D. Eng. Marius Brezovan from the department of Computers and Information Technology (CIT dcti.ucv.ro/en/) of the University of Craiova. This contest is organized every two years and it attracts over 150 international teams. Attendance is invitation based and the CIT department was invited by the Intel Romania co-organizer.
UCV supported the costs for the trip to China
IDS supported the equipment costs
CSS gave us the use of their photo studio
CIT department of ACE faculty supported administrative costs
On 22.06.2014 IDS organised an Apple User meeting in collaboration with the Computer Science department from the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science , the Computers and Information Technology department from the Faculty of Automation Computers and Electronics.
Title “MAXI: Monitoring and Analyzing the Impact of Environment and Climate Changes on Social Mood through the Internet”
Partner: Group led by Dr. Weihui Dai, Department of Information Management and
Information Systems, Fudan University, China
Our Embedded Systems Design Contest team is composed of:
Marcu Ionut Marian,
Totolin Cristian Stefan,
of which Marcu Neghina and Totolin will be presenting the project in Shanghai.
The team coaches are Sorin Ilie and Ioan Lemeni overseen by Prof. Costin Badica and Prof. Marius Brezovan.
The project main theme is “Smart Hotel Room”. In this project the students combined embedded systems, with their hardware, web services and mobile computing know-how to create a user friendly interface with a key less hotel room where everything is controlled by smartphone.
Monday, the 25th of November, at 10 am, Alex Muscar is publicly defending his Ph.D. thesis, entitled “Exploring the Design Space of Agent-Oriented Programming Languages”.
September 3-5, 2014, Madrid, Spain
Thomas Stützle, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium
Juan Julián Merelo, University of Granada, Spain
Call for Papers
The emergent field of Intelligent Distributed Computing focuses on the development of a new generation of intelligent distributed systems. It faces the challenges of adapting and combining research in the fields of Intelligent Computing and Distributed Computing. Intelligent Computing develops methods and technology ranging from classical artificial intelligence, computational intelligence and multi-agent systems to game theory. The field of Distributed Computing develops methods and technology to build systems that are composed of interacting and collaborating components. The symposium welcomes submissions of original papers on all aspects of intelligent distributed computing ranging from concepts and theoretical developments to advanced technologies and innovative applications.
The 8th International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing has a special interest in (but will not be limited to) novel architectures, systems and methods that facilitate distributed / parallel / multi-agent biocomputing for solving complex computational and real-life problems.
Paper acceptance and publication will be judged on the basis of their relevance to the symposium themes, clarity of presentation, originality and accuracy of results and proposed solutions. Symposium topics include, but are not limited to:
Intelligent Distributed and High-Performance Architectures
- Hybrid distributed systems involving software agents and human actors
- Intelligent grid and cloud infrastructures
- Agent-based wireless sensor networks
- Distributed frameworks and middleware for the Internet of Things
- GPU, multicore, and many-core intelligent computing
- Intelligent high-performance architectures
- Context-aware intelligent computing
- Virtualization infrastructures for intelligent computing
- Bio-inspired and nature-inspired distributed computing
Organization and Management
- Autonomic and adaptive distributed computing
- Intelligent service composition and orchestration
- Self-organizing and adaptive distributed systems
- Emerging behaviors in complex distributed systems
- Intelligent integration of heterogeneous data and processes
- Methodologies for development of intelligent distributed systems and applications
Intelligent Distributed Knowledge Representation and Processing
- Information extraction and retrieval in distributed environments
- Knowledge integration and fusion from distributed sources
- Data mining and knowledge discovery in distributed environments
- Semantic and knowledge grids
- Ontologies and meta-data for describing heterogeneous resources and services
- Distributed fusion of sensor data streams
- E-service and web intelligence
- Intelligence in mobile, ubiquitous and wearable computing
- Intelligence in peer-to-peer systems
- Intelligence in distributed and networked multimedia systems
- Security, privacy, trust and reputation
Intelligent Distributed Applications
- Distributed problem solving and decision making
- Intelligent applications in e-business/e-commerce, e-learning, e-health, e-science, e-government, crisis management, smart grid
- Modeling, simulation and development of intelligent distributed systems
- Simulation of groups and crowds
- Intelligent data processing
- Intelligent robots
Paper Submission and Publication
All accepted papers will be included in the Symposium Proceedings, which will be published by Springer as part of their series Studies in Computational Intelligence. Papers must have at most 10 pages length and must be formatted according to Springer format for Proceedings and Other Multiauthor Volumes (Latex only) available at: http://www.springer.com/series/7092
Submissions and reviews are automatically handled by Easychair. Please submit your paper at: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=idc2014
Extended versions of the best papers accepted and presented at this symposium may be considered for publication in a Special Issue of an internationally recognized journal.
Full paper submission: March 3, 2014
Notification of acceptance: April 11, 2014
Final (camera ready) paper due: May 25, 2014
Symposium: September 3-5, 2014